Saturday, October 23, 2010

Assignment #2

For the assignment critical thinking and social organizations my group and I decided to write about the PETA organization. This assignment was very useful because it gets us working in a group to complete research, retrieve information, and decide what is the most important concepts or ideas to talk about. Our group got together and decided how to split everything up and then synthesized everything together. At first I was thinking that this was going to be a drag because I usually like doing things myself because I don't like to depend on others. Then I realized that my group was really efficient which made things real easy and simple. For example, once our whole group met up and decided to split things up and email your own part in a week, everyone did so. That meant we just had to put everything together and revise it and we were done. I learned that it is not always hard working in a group and it can usually be very useful.

1 comment:

  1. I like working alone sometimes too because my schedule can get pretty hectic but my group was very flexible and we got things done really ahead of time. I enjoyed this last group project because I think it really gave us an opportunity to explore an organization such as PETA that we hear about all the time. I definitely agree with you that working in groups can be easier sometimes. It makes getting the overall project done faster and having the opinions and peer editing from your group is really useful before turning in assignment to your instructor. Learning how to work with a group that you may not be able to see face to face all the time is also a helpful skill I think we learn from being in this class.

    ReplyDelete