Saturday, November 6, 2010

Apple Polishing

Appeal to vanity is a type of flattering. Apple polishing is an appeal to vanity. Many advertisements use appeal because many people care about their physical appearances. Apple polishing is a strategy when compliments are used in order for a person to agree with them. In order for some of these kid or arguments to work the person being complimented must be very vain but then sometimes they make a person feel good. My mom knows that when I want something I tend to compliment her. I laugh about it know because I use apple polishing all the time.

An example is:
Mom sorry that I left a mess but I noticed that you been working out lately. I complimented her so I can avoid her getting mad at me. It works sometimes when I present a good argument must most of the time it does not work because she notices what I try to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment