Friday, November 12, 2010

Reasoning Examples

1. Reasoning by Analogy
Premise 1: At 18 years of age you are allowed to smoke and vote
Premise 2: You are also considered an adult.
Conclusion: 18 year olds should be allowed to drink alcohol legally as well.

2. Sign Reasoning
The girl in front of me always comes in with baggy sweats and a tshirt. She probably doesn't have anything else to wear.

3. Casual Reasoning
Premise 1: I woke up late this morning.
Premise 2: I ended up being late to work.
Conclusion: Which caused me to be in a bad mood all day.

4. Reasoning by Criteria
In order to be done the work needs to be colorful, visual, and easily read. I see that you are not quite finished yet.

5. Reasoning by Example
You shouldn't go out and party too much. I have a friend who partied at least two times a week and got bored of that life easily.

6. Inductive
It has been raining for the past two days and the sky is still cloudy. It will rain tomorrow as well.

7. Deductive
Premise 1: All mammals need to consume water.
Premise 2: I am a mammal.
Conclusion: So i need to consume water.

No comments:

Post a Comment