Friday, September 3, 2010

Vague Sentence

I recently met up with a friend at the Student Union. Before I had gotten there she had left me a voicemail saying that she was next to the purple wall. I was really confused especially because I had not notice that there was a purple wall in the Student Union. The voicemail was very vague and that is what made me confused. The sentence is vague because it was not clear and anyone could have understood those words differently. Once I got there, I saw two small purple walls and a long wall but it had three sides to it. My friend could have meant any of those walls. I then called her and asked what purple wall. She started laughing and said the one facing Jamba Juice. She then told me that her friend had her confused also with the purple wall. Vague sentences usually cause confusion or may be interpreted the wrong way.

~Reina Trillo

1 comment:

  1. Haha. That is a very vague sentence. It hardly gives any information. She gave no information as to where the wall is located. I would have been upset if someone took the time out to leave a voicemail that gave little information such as that. The student is a mulit-story building and there are lots of places where a purple wall may be inside of it. I hope the voicemail wasn’t long. I would have preferred a text message that contained a little more detailed information. It probably would have been easier to just type a message anyway.

    ReplyDelete